Minnesota Sausage Wantons (Sausage Stars)
Because everything in Minnesota should have ranch dressing in it. Mmmm….gack. But here’s something that works okay… if you’re really stoned… or drunk… or in Minnesota, and a hipster…
Minnesota Sausage Wantons
Serves: 48-60 servings
- 2 cups, or 1 lb, browned, crumbled Italian sausage, drained
- 1½ cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 can sliced ripe black olives
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 chopped green/french onion
- 1 pack wanton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain and blot the sausage with paper towels to make sure that you have gotten the excess grease off of the meat.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the sausage, cheese, ranch olives, onion and bell pepper.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Press a wanton wrapper in each cup, forming a pocket.
- Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or just turning golden.
- Take out of oven, and fill with the sausage mixture.
- Bake again until "bubbly," about 7 minutes.
This will make 4-5 dozen, which you can bake ahead and refrigerate, then bake again for 5 minutes before serving.