Because everything in Minnesota should have ranch dressing in it. Mmmm….gack. But here’s something that works okay… if you’re really stoned… or drunk… or in Minnesota, and a hipster…
Minnesota Sausage Wantons
Serves: 48-60 servings
- 2 cups, or 1 lb, browned, crumbled Italian sausage, drained
- 1½ cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 can sliced ripe black olives
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 chopped green/french onion
- 1 pack wanton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain and blot the sausage with paper towels to make sure that you have gotten the excess grease off of the meat.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the sausage, cheese, ranch olives, onion and bell pepper.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Press a wanton wrapper in each cup, forming a pocket.
- Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or just turning golden.
- Take out of oven, and fill with the sausage mixture.
- Bake again until "bubbly," about 7 minutes.
This will make 4-5 dozen, which you can bake ahead and refrigerate, then bake again for 5 minutes before serving.