Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Who doesn’t like bacon? Nobody, that’s who. Put a vegan in a room with bacon, and the rules are more likely to break than Donald Trump admitting when he’s wrong. That’s one of the reasons we love this bacon wrapped asparagus.
Asparagus, the summer treat that I never get sick of…
What a combination. Everything tastes better with bacon, and this is no exception (it was bacon that brought me to brussel sprouts, after all).
Others may do it different, but here’s my Mikey-ology on how it’s done best.
So, On With the Cooking!
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 slice of bacon for every two stalks of asparagus, cut in halves
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Heat grill, or oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the ends of the stalks off you asparagus.
- Wrap each stalk with a ½ slice of bacon.
- Arrange on a grilling tray, or cookie sheet for the oven, leaving space between each stalk.
- Place on grill for 10 minutes turning halfway.
And for the perfect dipping sauce, you should try our hollandaise sauce!